Conditions of Sale
‘If Sold by On-Line Auction’
These conditions are to be read in conjunction with the ‘Notice to Purchasers’ (specific to individual sales) and our
‘General Conditions of Sale’ found on our website www.GJWisdom.co.uk. In bidding you accept these terms.
- Acceptance of all final highest bids is subject to approval by our client and G J Wisdom & Co reserves the right to reject any bids which they feel does not reflect reasonable value.
- Access for bidding can be obtained through our website www.GJWisdom.co.uk or any hosting portal being used. Full details including valid email address must be provided in order to receive approval for bidding.
- All lots are sold without warranty or guarantee and all buyers are encouraged to view prior to bidding.
- VAT - Purchasers will be charged Value Added Tax on all lots, where applicable, at the current rates.
- The purchaser will pay a Buyer’s Premium (BP) at a % rate (TBA) plus VAT on each lot purchased. BP is charged on all lots. The premium is not negotiable and will be paid by all buyers. VAT on BP is a UK service amount and payable in all instances including when goods may be exported.
- In the event of a bid being received within 5 minutes of the scheduled closing time, the bidding period on that lot will automatically extend by 5 minutes and will continue to extend with any bid received when there is below 5 minutes remaining. (IMPORTANT: When bidding, ensure to ‘REFRESH’ your screen so as you are aware of current bids).
- Overseas Bidders should contact the sales team prior to bidding.
- Payment Terms: All purchases are to be paid in full, no later than the time and date specified in the ‘Notice to Purchasers’. All queries regarding payment should be directed to our Sales team. Successful bidders will be notified by email with an accompanying invoice.
- G J Wisdom & Co will only accept payment from and permit collection of lots purchased by the successful purchaser or their duly appointed agent.
- Clearance Terms: All lots must be collected & removed from their location and as detailed in the ‘Notice to Purchasers’ or lot description. Clearance will be under the strict supervision of the Auction Staff, any person or persons found to be clearing goods without supervision will be asked to leave the premises. This is to safeguard all parties. Goods may be subject to storage & access charges if collected outside of the Clearance Terms.
- G J Wisdom & Co does not undertake packaging, postage, delivery or shipment of goods (unless by prior expressed agreement) the bidder must make his own arrangements to comply with the clearance terms.
- Deposits: Purchasers are required to pay a deposit on lots which will cause damage to the fabric of the building after removal. These lots will be specified in the sale catalogue. Any deposit held will be refunded once the purchaser has made good in any damage to the satisfaction of the Auctioneer and client. Deposits may be forfeit and lots re-offered failing the balancing payment by the required time and date. Lots may be re-offered note conditions of sale.
- Clearance of all lots must be undertaken in accordance with Health & Safety at Work Regulations and, where necessary, Construction Design and Management Regulations 1994. You may be required to provide a Work Method Statement and Risk Assessment approved by G J Wisdom & Co, prior to removal of any lots. G J Wisdom & Co reserve the right to stop clearance if in their opinion, they believe it is being carried out in an unsafe manner or without the Method Statement and Risk Assessment.
- The purchaser should ensure that their contractors hold sufficient public liability insurance, copies of which should be made available to G J Wisdom & Co if demanded. * Any fluids remaining in any lots purchased MUST be removed from site in conformity with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations.
- Risk: The bidder/buyer is at risk once the buyer is notified of his successful purchases and is strongly advised to effect insurance at once, irrespective of whether title has passed. Title does not pass to the purchaser until payment has been received in full.
- Photographs: The images shown on our auctions against certain lots, are representative only; they may not necessarily represent the actual lot item to be purchased.
- All electrical items are sold as “Electrical Scrap” and should be “PAT” tested prior to use.
- MAILING: All approved bidders will automatically have their details placed on our database for notification of future sales undertaken by G J Wisdom & Co. In the event that you wish to have your details excluded from our database, please use the ‘I no longer require updates’ feature within our website (as above) alternatively please notify our Sales Administration Team. We do not sell or pass on details to any other party.
Questions & Points to Note:
Please satisfy yourselves on all matters before bidding, ensure that you bid on the correct lot, and remember that all lots are sold as seen, quantities and description are for guidance only and should not be relied on. Also whilst we believe that the goods are described working, faults are not declared and therefore no goods may be returned. We will make every effort to ensure the safe keeping of goods. However, we will not be held responsible for any damage or loss of goods once a sale has been declared.